Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Reflection : A True And Inspiring Story


“Focus on the possibilities, rather than on your disabilities”. Bo Sanchez of the Kerygma Community emphasized this message as he talk about “happiness” when I chanced upon him on TV last Black Saturday. I was about to do some errands that afternoon, but this guy caught my attention. He is such an excellent speaker, and I remember way back when I was still in my teen age years that I used to subscribed to his magazines. I was delighted that after so many years, I would have the chance to listen to him again. Anyway, I was more immersed into his talk when he told the story about this extra ordinary Filipino-American lady who despite of her disability was known internationally to be “the first pilot to fly an airplane using her feet”. Her name is Jessica Cox.


Jessica Cox was born armless, a disability which gives us an idea of how limited are the choices she would have in life. But this special girl showed to the world that she can do what ordinary people usually does. Jessica Cox even exceeded far beyond what any person can do, taking into account her condition. At a very young age of ten, Jessica started tae kwon-do and eventually earned her first “black belt” at fourteen in the International Tae Kwon-Do Federation. And believe it or not, she can even drive her own car and was the first armless woman to be given a pilot license.


Everything about Jessica is so amazing and inspiring. Her courage and high degree of self-acceptance was impeccable. Her disability did not stop her to dream big and to do what she always wanted to do. And because of this, people did not only accept her but made her their inspiration. Jessica Cox now an international motivational speaker carries the message that nothing is impossible. If we only set our hearts and minds to something, we can make our dreams come true.


Easter for me became more meaningful and hopeful this year when I had this opportunity to know the story of Jessica Cox. If you want to know more about her, please visit her official website at www.rightfooted.com

Also, get a daily dose of spiritual nutrition by watching Bo Sanchez's videos on "The Preacher in Blue Jeans".

photo credit : www.rightfooted.com

video credit: You Tube/rightfootedwoman



.



1 comment: